Child Abuse Prevention Month
2018 Child Abuse Prevention Month and Legislative Advocacy Day Toolkit
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Michigan’s local child abuse and neglect (CAN) councils and direct service providers strengthen families and reduce risk factors that lead to not only abuse and neglect but also to other distressing events like substance use. Throughout CAP Month, we’re working with people from the front lines of prevention to educate decision makers about abuse and neglect in Michigan, including for Legislative Education Day on April 25th, and we need you to join us! See our resource kit below to learn more about abuse and neglect in Michigan and how you can advocate for prevention in April.
- Our Issues for Michigan’s Children on preventing abuse and neglect through the Michigan Children’s Trust Fund CAN Councils
- Our Budget Basics on investing in prevention to strengthen families and save taxpayer money
- Learn about how abuse and neglect impact substance use and third-grade reading
- Click here to download a sample letter to the editor
- Tips for getting your local media talking about abuse and neglect prevention
- Tips for sharing your #CTFSuccessStory on social media
- Find your local CAN Council online and get involved locally!