FamilySpeak: Supporting Adult Education
Michigan’s Children and the Michigan Association of Community and Adult Education brought together parents and other caregivers of young children, legislators and other key policymaking partners for constructive legislative solutions-oriented conversations to support family literacy, basic skill building and paths to secondary and post-secondary credentials through a FamilySpeak forum at the State Capitol on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
- Read Second Chances Essential for Success, that highlights one of our FamilySpeak speakers.
- Read Family Takes Opportunity to Succeed, that highlights one of our FamilySpeak speakers.
- Read more about what parents recommended and who was listening.
- Read a story about the testimony and listener panel reactions.
- Read the full testimony given.
- Find Adult Education and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs around the state.
- Read how to support family literacy in the current state budget discussions.