Oakland County KidSpeak
The Foster Care Alumni of America-Michigan Chapter, Michigan Youth Opportunity Initiative, Michigan’s Children, Oakland County Board of Commissioners, the Park West Foundation, and our hosts, Oakland County Commissioner Janet Jackson and former Commissioner Mattie McKinney Hatchett, State Representative Jim Runestad and State Senator Dave Robertson held the 2nd annual Oakland County KidSpeak on Monday, January 26, 2015 in the Oakland County Commissioners Auditorium.
Eighteen young people currently or formerly served by the foster care system, spoke to over three dozen local, state and federal elected officials, and other key decision makers about their challenges, and all made recommendations for changes in policies and programs to make the system work better for others.
- Read more about the forum and see who sat on the listening panel.
- See the #OCKidSpeak2015 Twitter coverage.
- Read Michele’s blog from 2/6/15.
- Learn more about current policy issues.
- Read Rep. Runestad’s statement after the KidSpeak.
- Read Rep. Tedder’s statement after the KidSpeak.
- Read about how these youth voices have had a real impact in Southeast Michigan.