Regional Engagement and Mobilization Associate
The Regional Engagement and Mobilization Associate leads the planning and execution of engagement and outreach actions and activities with Michigan’s Children’s (MC) existing network of partner organizations, individuals and other allies, and works to build policy activity on behalf of children, youth and families in communities around the state, expanding our network.
- Develop and implement an action strategy to grow and mobilize MCs network, deepen relationships with current partners, and identify areas for collaboration. This includes a focus on building a regional structure to support statewide advocacy.
- Develop and implement a plan to better involve and incorporate feedback from network agencies and those directly impacted by public policy changes MC’s work is intended to advance.
- Support efforts to identify new and emerging policy trends, align advocacy priorities with network needs, and better engage partners and allies in our policy advocacy work.
- Support program development that meets the needs of MCs network, encourages expanded understanding of social justice issue areas, and supports our policy priorities.
KEY REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated excellence in engagement and mobilization – Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and organizational levels, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Commitment to social justice and understanding of needs of children, youth and families in Michigan facing significant challenges.
This position does not manage other existing MC staff at this time but would contribute to the management of interns, consultants, and contracts as appropriate.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 31, 2020
Review MC’s website to build an understanding of our priorities and our networks.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your vision and qualifications for the position, resume and short writing sample and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the Job Description as a PDF file, click here.